We wanted to create some healthy grab-and-go recipes for all you moms out there so you don’t have to rely on store bought snacks that are oftentimes loaded with harmful ingredients. These raw vegan cheesecake bites are the perfect treat to enjoy on the rise or in early the afternoon and can be stored in the freezer for months… talk about convenience!
We have chosen to incorporate our D3 K2 CoQ10 formula on top of these for its numerous health benefits for women and children. Vitamin D3 is a critical nutrient that many women are oftentimes deficient in. Some health benefits of vitamin D3 include:
- Increases Fertility: D3 produces estradiol and progesterone; two hormones that play an important role in the fertilization of eggs and the formation of an embryo.
- Lowers risk of c-section birth: One study showed that pregnant women who were deficient in vitamin D were almost twice as likely to deliver by c-section compared to women who had higher vitamin D levels.
- Keeps bones healthy (of mama and baby): Vitamin D supports bone strength. Studies have also shown that insufficient amounts of Vitamin D during pregnancy have been associated with a reduction in bone mass in infants that can continue on for at least nine years after birth.
- Supports higher birth weight, birth length, and larger head circumference in infants
Along with all of these, K2 supports the cardiovascular system, and our Mk-4 K2 is the only K2 that crosses the placental barrier. CoQ10, on the other hand, helps prevent the harmful effects of free radicals and oxidative stress, which can often lead to premature aging.
So, to make it easy for you all to remember your D3 K2 CoQ10 supplement everyday, you can just grab one of these bites to ensure you’re getting all the nutrients you need for the day!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Set time: 4 hours or overnight
Yields: 12 servings
⟁ 1 cup raw pecans
⟁ 1 cup raw medjool dates (can add more if dough isn’t sticking)
⟁ 1 tbsp coconut oil
⟁ drizzle of maple syrup (optional)
⟁ pinch of sea salt
⟁ 1 ½ cup raw cashews, soaked
⟁ ¼ cup lemon juice
⟁ ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
⟁ ⅓ cup coconut cream
⟁ ¼ cup maple syrup (or sweetener of choice).
⟁ Cymbiotika’s D3 K2 CoQ10
- Add all crust ingredients to a food processor and pulse until ingredients are smooth
- Spread crust throughout muffin tray & place in freezer while making filling
- Add all cheesecake filling ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
** Note: it is best to soak the cashews overnight, but if you are on a time crunch, soak them in hot (almost boiling) water for 15-20 minutes instead!
- Pour cheesecake mixture on top of crust and shake tray so it’s all evenly distributed
- Place in freezer for 4-5 hours. Once the cheesecake layer has solidified, take out from freezer, top with D3 K2 CoQ10 (this can be done before freezing as well) and then pop them out to enjoy!
Share this recipe & info with friends and family to help spread the knowledge and yummy-ness!
With love and gratitude,
The Cymbiotika Team