Organic Coconut Glycerin
Our Glycerine is derived from 100% Organic Coconuts. It preserves vital nutrients in plants that alcohol can destroy. Alcohol can kill bacteria, but it can also kill the good bacteria of the plant that is medicinal while glycerin can preserve the full spectrum of healing benefits and calming flavors. It is a better choice for stabilizing blood sugar and those who wish to avoid alcohol.
Glycerin may also boost hydration, which can improve your athletic performance.
Dehydration can greatly impair athletic performance, especially when sweat loss exceeds 2% of your body weight (1) in one meta-analysis, adding 2.4 grams of glycerin per pound of body weight (1.1 grams per kg) to water drunk before exercise increased fluid retention by 50% compared to water alone. Glycerin may also lead to small improvements in athletic performance (2) In another study, a glycerin drink was also more effective than water or a sports drink at improving hydration in athletes who lost significant amounts of water through sweating during exercise (3)
FOUND IN THE FOLLOWING PRODUCT(S)
Works Cited & More Information
1. Hydration and physical performance
2. A meta-analysis of the effects of glycerol-induced hyperhydration on fluid retention and endurance performance
3. Performance benefits of rehydration with intravenous fluid and oral glycerol.
4. Alcohol vs Glycerine Tinctures Written by THT Stephanie
5. Glycerin vs Alcohol Tincture: Which is Best? Written by Khroma